Friday, April 29, 2011

Not So Sweet Pomegranates...... !

I spotted some brown sap oozing out from the base of two pomegranates (see posting 5th April 2011). ... so I guess I should pluck the fruits - irregardless of  whether they are ripen or not.  The color of the fruits have turned light cream yellow speckled with brown marks.

Fairly good sized fruit ..
Ripe or not ?

So I cut the fruits open ... and observed that some portions  have actually start to  turn bad, thus the sap oozing out ! The good portions are slightly pinkish and healthy looking - so I took a taste. To my disappointment but as expected, considering the fruits are not really ripe enough,  they  did not taste as sweet or juicy.  
Guess Not !
Not so sweet after all !
Well let's hope the other fruits will ripen properly in time  ...!


1 comment:

pin said...

I think the fruit itself is bonus already iregardless of whether it is sweet or not.
Lets keep your finger crossed that the others will be sweet.
I remember mother brought some back from australia long time ago, and those were really sweet.