Friday, April 1, 2011

When it Rains .....

We complained when the temperatures go soaring, but when it rains we complained it is too cold, brrr ......There is just no pleasing us, isn't it?   Well, Mother Nature just  got to go on doing what she thinks is appropriate.....lol! 

I don't remember it has rained so much before, not in March anyway ! Luckily yesterday it was hot and sunny for a change. at least my laundry get to dry out !  This morning, the rain started again with vengeance !

Since returning from our holiday, I had been busy. Piles and piles of cut vegetation has accumulated from my 'hard' work !   No way my compost bins can stand all the cut leaves, branches, grass, weeds...so I used trash bags to collect them, and  placed them  with the domestic rubbish. There are still two huge piles from pruning the mango trees peacock shrub, bougainvillea, mulberry ....etc... these are bulky, so need to allow them to dry out a bit, before I can dispose them. 

Well it is part of a gardener's lot to trim, prune, weed .... etc...and I rather enjoy the exercise and  the results of the garden not resembling a mini jungle !  Weeds are my greatest concern - they seemed to be growing everywhere, and at the rate I am going I doubt I can clear them all.....so I am seriously thinking of getting some weedkiller ! I am hesitant for fear of killing my precious plants, so I guess I will try the conservative method for a bit longer before I take the drastic step of using the weedkiller !

No comments: