Monday, June 6, 2011

A Bird Nest !

They say if you keep wishing for something long enough, it will come  true ! Well, this  bird must have heard me because two days ago, I noticed  something like an  incomplete nest resting on a V among the branches of the mango tree.  I thought perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps it was just a pile of  dried leaves/grass that got caught.  I did not think much of it, but yesterday morning I noted some unusual activities going on in the garden area.  My curiosity was aroused. There were too many birds in the garden suddenly and they were making lots of noise.... what was going on?

Imagine the scenario where you are hard at work, but your friends are more busier  instructing you on how you should be doing the job, etc.....etc..... !  That was the scenario  I perceived yesterday morning.  A few birds were  flying here and that, chirping loudly with excitement;  but there was this one little bird  quietly working to complete its nest!  After a while  - the other birds flew away, having lost their interest,  I presume - leaving my little friend  to work in peace and alone.  She must have noticed that I was taking photos of her, for she quickly flew away.  A few minutes later  to my relief, she was back at work  so I thought I better ignore her this time.  Later in the afternoon as I sat at my computer table, browsing and surfing the internet.... she peeked at me through the windows !   Was my imagination being  over - active, or was she just returning a tit for tat ? What a thought !


Left Hand Side - see the little one ?  It has a dried leaf in its beak to build its nest (right hand side)
Here she is again with another building material for her nest
Building a Nest must be hard work indeed
Quality Check her nest  ?
Maybe resting ?
Comfy Nest indeed so high up  !
My "Little Bird Flower" cuttings (see post 29th April 2011) are all doing well .... some I planted in pots, some I planted on the ground. I am amazed how easy they grow from cuttings ! 
"Little Bird Flower" Plant
 Now just to wait for some pink 'birds" to appear ! Perhaps 6 months to a year ?  Maybe for Chinese New Year 2012?  That will be grand ..... !

No comments: