Thursday, March 1, 2012

Golden Rice Balls ...... ( Aglaia Odorata)

After approximately 6 months of consistent growth, I am pleased to report that my Chinese Perfume Tree (Aglaia Odorata - first posted on June 6 2011) plant seems to be perpetually blooming .....a delight to both the eyes and the nose :-)) ! I am thinking of trying my hand at propagating it via cuttings when the plant gets a bit bigger and I need to prune it.  It seems a sin to prune the plant when it is growing so well and into a natural nice shape as well.  A month back I transferred the plant to a bigger pot as it  seemed to have outgrown the small pot I first planted it in.  This plant is fuss free and easy to care.  The scent the blooms give off is very light, gentle, soothing and subtle - very pleasant and refreshing. No regrets at having bought this plant at all as I just love its fragrance.  



It has grown much taller now....
Golden Rice Balls  ....what  a delight to the eyes !
No petals .... just perfect spherical shaped blooms 
The blooms last for a week or so .....and a new cycle begins !

2 comments:

jsager01 said...

have you tried to take cuttings and propagate them? I also have a A O that needs trimming and would be most interested to know of any tips or techniques. Have a great 2013

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Hello jsager01 - I tried using cuttings to propagate, but so far not successful. Hope you have better luck than me !