Tuesday, April 5, 2011

When will the Pomegranate Ripen ?

Pomegranates are so sweet and juicy ... so I am waiting very much in anticipation to taste these  first fruits from the garden ! I counted 17 fruits .... some  have grown to a nice size, some seemed a little stunted.  From the light green color, now these fruits have turned slightly yellowish with mottled pink, red and brown patches. They look so inviting.....!

Not too sure how to tell when the fruits will be ripe  enough for picking, I checked with my very good friend who has a great deal of experience with plants and gardening. The answer  came back --- from the time the fruit appears  until it matures, it takes roughly at least 5 months  ! Oh dear,  what a long wait ! The first fruit had appeared around early Jan ... so that means another 2 months  more to wait  !  Well time passes fast these days  if we do not think too much about it and if I can wait for the passion fruits to drop, I certainly can wait for these pomegranates as well.....! 




They certainly look good, don't they ? Each morning when I look at them, I cannot help but feel amazed at what nature can produce....!

3 comments:

One said...

I think the bottom will crack when it is ripen.

One said...

I think the bottom will crack when it is ripen.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Thanks One - yes, checking daily for this to happen ....!