Saturday, October 9, 2010

A moment of temptation ................

I am feeling  proud of myself .......yet  with  a pang of regret....an internal conflict indeed! At the wet  market this morning I caught sight of a couple of potted  red black roses., very healthy looking., very enchanting I have previously bought plants from this  same vendor before. He said a  pot costs RM18 (he already sold one pot) .....but he was willingly to sell to me for just RM15......so to buy or not? Well,  I have not been too successful on growing  roses (see my blog on 'Roses, roses, roses'), but I was sorely tempted to take the offer ....! The red-black roses were so beautiful and rather  unusual looking  (no, I did not have my camera with me) ! So  in a way, I am rather glad that I managed to keep to my pledge of not buying any rose plants - no matter how irresistible they are , until the day I can handle those existing roses in my garden! Mind you it was not easy to walk away from such lovely roses. .....but I did, with a heavy heart and a  sense of loss somehow.  Ok, so see how first next time......maybe, just maybe ......!   

2 comments:

pin said...

One day we will have a rose garden!

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Okay...I found a blog on planting roses, will try to read more and learn. BTW, the rose cuttings my neighbor gave me is blooming now. It is a nice candy pink. One more has yet to produce any buds. I hope it is the yellow one.