Monday, November 29, 2010

Passion Fruit .....

The bud .....
I have a wonderful surprise....my passion fruit plant (see blog posted on 30th August 2010) is flowering again .... .....





The flowers are really exotic looking. I hope this round I will get to harvest some fruits....the last time this plant bloomed, I harvested just one single  fruit ...! This plant is about a year and half old. A friend told me that this plant will attract lots of ants since  the fruits are rather sweet. So far touch wood, I am lucky - no ants yet !  

Some months back I trimmed off most of the vine as I wanted to put in a stronger support system, but it looks like it is still inadequate.   Perhaps it is high time I think of erecting a kind of arbor to hold the plant which  is rather  heavy with such  tremendous foliage growth.

Unlike the fragrant  passion flower (posted 13th Jan 2010), this passion fruit flower has no scent at all.  This passion fruit vine is a vigorous grower.   I have to keep cutting off some leaves now and then.  Whenever  I do that how I wish the leaves are edible.....!

No comments: