Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dwarf apple plant ?

A neighbor has this bushy shrub about 3 feet plus  tall.  He grows this shrub opposite his house at the  edge of the padang (playground field).  This shrub produces tiny fruits that look  like apples (yes I think they are apples)......miniature ones,  the size of a thumbnail.  The tiny fruit turns from  lime green to bright red when ripe.  I like this cute looking shrub very much and has kept a look out for baby plants each time I pass by this shrub during my morning walks.  I got lucky two mornings ago .... lol!  Take a look at  this baby plant.  I hope it grows strong and healthy like the mother plant.  


With the frequent rainfall,  my rose plants are doing very well. .... especially this candy pink kampong rose from my neighbor.  This is the first time I ever have a rose plant with so many buds at one time.....so I am feeling really lucky. The scent these roses give off is really a bonus.

Captured in the morning after a rainfall 

Captured in the evening... !

2 comments:

pin said...

The Pink Roses are beautiful. I love the colour, very fresh. Does it smell nice?

The tiny apple plant is nice. Mrs Cheng has one near the side wall too. It was quite big and bear a lot of fruits hanging out the side wall at one time.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Yes, Mrs Cheng's apple shrub was beautiful and very healthy.

The pink roses smelled nice, today I have 6 blooms....so I was delighted, kept walking by them just to smell them. More blooms will appear as there seems to be more buds this time. Perhaps because of the cooler weather the roses now appear bigger. Or perhaps the plant is more mature now....