Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Secret Garden"

We make it a point to make trips to the city once a while.  This last trip we went to One Utama , Petaling Jaya to check out the shopping and sales for the coming Chinese New Year.  I made it a point to visit the "Secret Garden"  for a second time and also to enjoy the Amazonian Waterlilies......was hoping  that this time I get to see the  flowers bloom.  The security guard at "Secret Garden' told us the giant waterlilies died some three weeks back....  We  were shocked and feeling devastated  when we heard that.  However, when we peered out of the windows towards the pond direction,  the giant waterlilies  were still there, they must have grown back......!! The leaves were  smaller and some looking very tender ..... what a relief!   I just love to look at these waterlilies ... unfortunately this time no flower buds, but I am not complaining just to see them so healthy and well was more than enough ......!

Back to the Secret Garden......I think this must be the most delightful place in the whole building.  Of course, without doubt, One Utama is a great place to hang out as it is so 'happening'....classy restaurants , classy shops....(even a rock climbing center as well) ..... the consumer is spoilt  for choice !   Decors  were so festive to celebrate the  coming Chinese New Year.  My  only complaint was finding  a parking lot was tricky .....and we need to queue  just  to enter the elevator from the basement car park!  I was informed that the shopping centers in Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya are normally crowded during weekends.  

Anyway in this blog,  let me share some shots from the "Secret Garden " .  To the Management of One Utama, a big  thank you and please continue to maintain this jewel of  One Utama......! Also I noticed they  were actually expanding the garden, wonderful.......

A strange creation of nature ....!

I checked for the plant  ID, but cannot see the tag....

This is apparently the bud....

The Lipstick Plant.....

I don't have this plant in my garden even though I like it a lot....



I did not catch the name of this plant either...



Nope, not this Plant ID either...

Exotic Red passion flower......

I will have to add this to my collection.....

Young leaf of the giant waterlily...note the spikes !



Your guess is as good as mine......what a giant!
So it  looks like each time I go to PJ, the 'Secret Garden' is a must go place ... the garden is only open during weekends.  

6 comments:

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

The Secret Garden at 1 Utama is unique as it is a rooftop garden. Not many people know about this garden, that is why it is a 'secret'.....hmmm

pin said...

the plant with the gigantic flower is nice. The unopen bud looks like a clam.
However, it remind me abit of the wild flower that once Chuang saw. it has a giant flower, as big as a stool/chair. it looked abit like this, brown spots on the petal, fan like petals. Chuang took some photos, and said that although it was beautiful and big, but it had a disgusting foul smell.

pin said...

I enjoyed the secret garden at the rooftop too. The flowers there are exotic.

I like the giant flower, from side way it looked like a flamigo stock. The bud looked like a clam.

But it reminded me of a flower that Chuang once saw and took photos. I dont know why I was fascinated by the flower although I personally didn't see the flower myself. It was giant in size, as big as a chair, the flower is grown from the ground, like a mushroom, it looked abig like the one you took, giant big flower, with fan like petals that has brownish spots on the petals. Chuang was said that although the flowers was beautiful, but it has a foul smell, like a dead chicken.
Strange.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

The flower you mentioned is the 'Rafflesia" - the largest flower known and also very foul smelling....It was first discovered in Sabah.

James David said...

I think the last one picture - the plant name is Agave.
Do google it and see.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Thanks James -- I will definitely do that !