Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Finally the Bunga Kesidang Blooms !!!

This morning, I thought I detected the fragrance of the Bunga Kesidang (read post dated 23/11/2010)   near the fence where it grows, but  then it started to rain rather heavily. So I could not see  the flowers.  As  I mentioned in my post dated 29th April 2011, the plant has grown quite a lot since I planted it a year ago, with such big light green leaves., trained along the fence.  Immediately  after lunch, once the rain had stopped, I stepped back into the garden to investigate further ....yes the fragrance is still there alright, but where are the flowers ? 

Ha.... there it is -  hidden shyly behind the fence !  Wow, just a small bunch of blooms but the fragrance is so strong ! Right now  I am still feeling so happy and rewarded after all this waiting.....! Smile with me as you read this post ...... haha....lolz !




The flowers are so shy,  facing downwards even as I try to take their photos ! Could it be the rainwater ? 

6 comments:

Autumn Belle said...

I do agree that they are the star blooms of our garden. I am imagining a whiff of pandan infused nasi lemak in the air.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Yes, it is a beautiful scent isn't it ? .... and it stays all the time, from morning till even now in the evening ......

pin said...

That is nice, the flowers looks similar to the flowers of the binjal (Terung).

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Yes, the shape of the flowers does resemble the brinjal flowers ......

Stephanie said...

What a reward! I am so happy for you. Marvellous flowers :-D

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Thanks Stephanie ! It is always exciting when a plant blooms for the first time in the garden ... !