Monday, November 22, 2010

Count Down - The Garlic Vine Blooms !

Continuing on the bright side of gardening (posted 19th Nov)......I would like to share my  delight with shots of  the garlic vine as the buds transform  to eye catching blooms ......!
A tinge of purple appears.....





close up shot of the buds.....



 

more purple appears...

waiting in anticipation !

Almost there   !
Finally they bloom .... ! This is the first time  the garlic vine plant is rewarding me with such an  abundance of blooms after approximately a  year and more of growth. 
Shot  in the morning

Midst of blooming...
Afternoon shots

Sheer Delights ....!
Tomorrow comes, the flowers will turn  paler in color  to almost white over the next couple of days  New blooms will appear, so one can see different shades of colors on the bunch ...... 



4 comments:

pin said...

I like this write up best of all, the pictures are also really very well taken...
tellig the story of blooming stages. The description added to the excitement of the bloom...and when it finally bloom to its full glory, it was beautiful!
The last picture shows the best shot of your house!
Excellent pictures, excellent write up.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Neighbor's house provides such a perfect backdrop for the blooms....!

ROUGH.ROSA said...

Garlic vine is another favorite flower of mine. Although it only flower once a year, it always magistically gives abundant and eye ctaching blooms.

My tree is still little and grow in a pot and yet to be trained to any fence. I hope one day it'll come close to be as huge and as pretty as yours.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Hello Rosa,

Thank you for dropping by. I like reading your blog on roses very much. My garlic vines are now about a year and half old, grown from cuttings. I have two of them grown about 2 feet apart on the ground. Initially they grew very slowly but now have adapted and growing very well. I am sure yours will soon grow as big, given time and you will derive as much pleasure from them as I do from mine.....!