Friday, March 4, 2011

Birds, Man in the Sky and random things .....

I love it when birds came visiting. Unlike the butterflies, they are so vocal when they come around.  Whenever I hear their  cheerful, chirpy songs, I cannot help but look out for them ..... ! It is so nice to watch them. They are often so full of life - whether basking in the sun, sipping nectar from the flowers or just fooling around.  One morning I caught sight of this bird...it did not come alone but with some friends. Taking their pictures was no easy task :- ) ! I have been hoping some birds will make nests in my garden, that will be so exciting, but  so far no luck yet.


So beautiful - perched on the peacock shrub !

Just checking out the neighborhood ....
For some evenings now,  some people had been having lots of fun.   Check this out -  very noisy machines, not unlike the lawn mover .... buzzing over  the neighborhood! Once or twice I have heard them going on close to midnight.  I guess they do not realize how noisy they are...... :- ( !

Nope... not a bird ......
It's  a man and his flying machine ...

It certainly looks like  fun, right ?



March must be the month for Hippeastrum for I see many of these plants blooming in the neighborhood.....!

The Hippeastrum bloom and the passion fruit...


The Aglaonema does blooms - a lovely surprise !  

New member -- no ID yet.

4 comments:

pin said...

The new member....I will call it the 'tiger plant'.

Sun-ni Mi-ni Gardener said...

Still searching for its name....thought the leaf pattern looked more like a snake plant. The man said it was for medicinal use.

Giga said...

Jak to miło patrzeć na zdjęcia aktaulne, gdy sie wyjdzie do ogrodu i można to zobaczyć. Ja niestety narazie mogę oglądać tylko zdjęcia, bo u nas przyroda dopiero się zaczyna budzić. Pozdrowienia z Polski

pin said...

Translation of Giga's note:

"How nice to look at the pictures aktaulne, when August comes to the garden and you can see it. So far, unfortunately I can only view pictures, because in our nature is just beginning to wake. Greetings from Polish"