Friday, December 10, 2010

A Practice Target........(update: 1st March 2011 : Tawny Coster)

This handsome  fella has been coming to visit .... finally I manged to 'persuade' it to be  my photography practice target.....Cool model, isn't he ? Perhaps it is a she ....probably looking for a place to lay her eggs. I  really need to read more on these beautiful creatures since they are one of the more frequent visible visitors these days......Then I will have names to call  them....
 
Not easy to arrange these  shots.....looks like I need to learn more on photo inserting and editing.  Actually I started  off with 8 photos.  So  I will stop here before I lost more.  Very troublesome to keep going back to insert them back whenever they get deleted somehow.   Sorry this is  what   I can manage for this post....sigh !



Update : 1 st March 2011 

Now I have some names for some of  butterflies visiting my garden.  Just hope I do not ID them wrongly though....! Anyway now that I have read up a bit on these butterflies and their life cycle, I realize now that this fella after visiting must have laid some eggs .  Below are the caterpillars hatched ..... ugly creatures with spines all over,  they look dangerous and threatening, not friendly at all. 

Actually they were nasty little fellas - they ate up my blue passion plant, and practically destroyed it. I had no choice but to trim the whole plant down after they were done!  Luckily they did not infest my passion fruit plant. 

No comments: