Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blooming Season for the Murraya Paniculata ?

This morning as I walked around the neighborhood, I cannot help but noticed that the Murraya Paniculata (aka lakeview jasmine, orange jasmine, Chinese Box) that I spied  were blooming in abundance ! One can detect the fragrance of these blooms from a distance away even before the plant was seen.  Just follow the scent.  The fragrance of the blooms is really beautiful especially coupled with the early morning fresh air.  Although the murraya paniculata actually blooms all year round,  I have not noticed that they bloomed in such abundance at one go this time !  This is why I am thinking  perhaps there is a blooming season for this plant or is it to do with the weather which of late has been blowing hot and cold ? One day scorching hot, the next raining cats and dogs !

These are some shots of the lovely and fragrant blooms taken from my garden.  










 I have these murraya p. grown on the ground and in pots as well. The blooms from the potted plants are smaller.  These plants take to heavy pruning, and seems rather robust. - grows back fast.  When the new shoots appeared they are light green and what a contrast to the dark green mature leaves. 

   

No comments: