Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting Measured !

My daughter is rather attached to this caladium. Perhaps it could be because she dug it out from the fields some years back and took it home.  Those were the days before I started gardening. So the plant actually went to my mother's garden, until we took some baby plants  to grow here.  A friend had told her that this plant was known as  "Horse Face"  (Beh Bin - in Hokkien) as the leaf resembled the face of a horse.  Since then she had always been fascinated by the plant.  

Somehow with the rain the caladium seems to thrive ...... ! My daughter said she had never seen the leaves growing this big - must be a record ! So the next thing  I know, she was running around with a ruler and camera. These are the results.

Horse Face Caladium


Water lily - these are fragrant too .....

St Christopher's Lily



Jatropha Podagrica

Cardwell Lily or Christmas Lily


No comments: